As a human rights charity, independent of government, we work to ensure that refugees are given the protection they need, that they are treated with respect and understanding, and that they have the same rights, opportunities and responsibilities as other members of our society.
We achieve this mission by:
- supporting refugees and working with them as they build a new life
- speaking up for refugees and ensuring that refugees themselves have a strong voice in all areas of UK life
- building links with people from across our society to increase mutual understanding of refugees
- making the case for a fair and just asylum system
- taking a leading role in helping to build up a vibrant, sustainable and successful refugee sector in the UK and internationally
The Refugee Council is governed by a Board of Trustees, which includes strong refugee representation. We are also a membership organisation and since 1983, our membership base has grown from 50 to nearly 180, a significant number of which are refugee community organisations. We regularly consult with our membership base. The Refugee Council also has a number of high-profile Patrons.
The Refugee Council is funded by local, central and European government grants, grants from trust funds and corporations and funds provided by individuals through one-off donations, standing orders arrangements, legacies and their attendance at Refugee Council events.
We are a strongly independent organisation and registered as a charity (Charity No. 1014576. Company No. 2727514).
| ||In order to download the documents below you will need Adobe Reader. You can get this free on the Adobe website. |